Amazon is a big fish, but Ecwid
This newly designed Amazon tool simplifies the connection between Amazon.com and your branded store, making it easier to list your products and sync orders and inventory from your Ecwid Control Panel. On this page, you’ll find everything you need to know to start selling on Amazon with Ecwid.
In this post:
- Why You Should Sell on Amazon in Addition to Your Ecwid Store
- How to Set Up Your Amazon Store from Ecwid
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Helpful Resources for Selling on Amazon
- Other Marketplaces Connected to Your Ecwid Store
Why You Should Sell on Amazon in Addition to Your Ecwid Store
At first sight, large marketplaces like Amazon can seem like the enemy of small
But aikido wisdom says that the best battle is the one that didn’t happen. Ecwid makes Amazon your ally by enabling you to integrate your existing online store with Amazon’s platform to help you get the most out of both. Build your brand on a separate
- Amazon is unbelievably big. In 2018, its revenue reached $232 billion — that’s an average of $443,000 per minute! Amazon owns 228 million square feet of warehouses, offices, and other facilities — the size of nearly 100 Amsterdams — used to provide their
top-tiercustomer service to almost 200 million customers (on Amazon.com alone).
- People love shopping on Amazon. Amazon excels as a brand discovery tool, with 55% of all product searches beginning on the platform. It offers everything from clothes and smart home gadgets to fresh produce and paper towels.
- Amazon supports
small-and medium-sizedbusinesses. More than one million U.S.-basedSMBs are already selling on Amazon, with half of all items sold originating from small-to-medium-sizedcompanies.
As a provider of
Within Ecwid, you’ll be able to:
- Create a Professional Seller account on Amazon
step-by-stepwith our easy setup wizard
- Connect your online store to your Amazon account
- Upload your products to Amazon
- Keep your inventory
in-syncacross Amazon and Ecwid
- See orders coming from Amazon in your Ecwid sales dashboard
- Create new listings on Amazon and link them to your online store products.
How to Set Up Selling on Amazon from Ecwid
If you’ve ever tried to create an Amazon Seller account, you know it can be pretty intimidating. We decided to simplify the process. We designed a new setup wizard that’s built to help everyone get it right on their first try, whether they live and breath Amazon or live on the Amazon.
To get started, open the Ecwid Control panel → All Sales Channels → Amazon.
If your store country is set to US and your currency is US dollars (you can check this under the Settings tab of your Ecwid Control Panel), you can connect to Amazon from Ecwid without any
Ecwid won’t leave you alone with the paperwork. Our wizard will help you find answers to your questions and direct you to the easiest way to complete your setup. Simply follow the wizard steps and watch for helpful tips as you progress.
Start by connecting your Amazon Seller Account. If you don’t already have a Seller Account, Ecwid will carefully guide you through the Amazon Seller Account creation and setup:
- Register your brand (if necessary)
- Prepare return policy
- Configure taxes
- Specify shipping rates and options.
In the future, you’ll be able to access and edit your Seller Account on All Sales Channels → Amazon:
Once you’ve created your Seller account, you’ll be able to list your first product:
- Match your products to an existing Amazon listing or create a new listing
- Choose your pricing strategy (you’ll see the average Amazon prices for items similar to yours).
After your products are added, Amazon’s team will review your submissions for compliance. Once Amazon approves, they’ll release your products on their marketplace and you’re free to relax and watch the orders roll in.
And if you do get an order, don’t forget to send it to the customer quickly (within two business days). Amazon keeps an eye on your shipping and can lower your rating — or even ban your account — if you’re continuously late.
Can I sell on Amazon with Ecwid if I’m not located in the US?
If you’re located outside the US, you can sell on Amazon from your Ecwid store with the Codisto LINQ app. It supports selling on Amazon in Canada, Mexico, United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Australia, Japan, and Indonesia. The Codisto LINQ app is available on Ecwid’s Business and Unlimited plans.
Learn more in our Help Center: Selling on Amazon
How much does it cost to sell on Amazon from Ecwid?
The Amazon integration is included on Business and Unlimited plans, along with other professional features like extended inventory (up to 2,500 products),
Once connected, Amazon charges a flat $40/month for the Seller Account, plus a fee for each item sold (around
If you’re located outside the US, connecting your Ecwid store to Amazon will also require the use of
I’ve connected my store to Amazon. What’s next?
It’s important to remember that not every product will sell on Amazon. And the products that sell best can have some pretty steep competition. If you’ve never sold on Amazon and you’re not sure if your products are quite the right fit, it might be a good idea to test your niche first.
Here’s what we suggest:
- Upload just one product that you think will sell.
- Set a competitive price that’s a bit lower than average for Amazon. This might not be profitable initially, but it will allow you to evaluate demand for your product or niche within the marketplace.
How do I list
one-of-a-kind or handmade products on Amazon?
Handmade products can be listed on Amazon Handmade — a specialized Amazon marketplace like Etsy designed for artisans. Unfortunately, because Amazon doesn’t allow third party integrations with this particular marketplace, it won’t be supported through your Ecwid integration.
If you sell handmade or
- List your products on the regular Amazon US marketplace in a related category
- List your products on Amazon Handmade manually, without the use of an Ecwid integration.
How do I get help?
If you’ve got questions or feedback that hasn’t been addressed in this article, head down to the comment section below! We’ve done a lot to make this integration your favorite Amazon solution, and we’d love to know how we can make it even better!
Helpful Resources for Selling on Amazon
Ecwid’s no stranger to selling on Amazon, and we’ve written some meaty articles over the years to help small businesses be successful. If you’re looking for a little extra help, check out these resources to get some essential wisdom for Amazon beginners:
- How to Sell on Amazon from Your Ecwid Store — a guest blog post from our friends at FeedBackWhiz explaining the differences between marketing on your own website and Amazon.
- Amazon Strategies and Reviews — on this podcast, we discuss building trust with new customers on Amazon.
- Selling on Amazon From Your Online Store — Guest Peter Jeffery of Codisto unveils
high-levelstrategies to help make you successful selling on Amazon.
Other Marketplaces Connected to Your Ecwid Store
While Amazon is never short on opportunities, we’ve integrated with even more marketplaces, like Google Shopping and eBay, to help you get the most out of your online store. Check out the full list in your Control Panel → All Sales Channels.