You’re ready to get your products in front of over 2 billion users on Facebook, that’s great! Already have a Facebook business profile? You’re that much closer to literally setting up shop.
But now you need a shop page, and this requires a product catalog. You have three options:
- Manually upload products through the Facebook Catalog Manager
- Import products through an
e-commerceplatform (hello Ecwid E-commerce!)
- Or use the Catalog API (this is used for sellers who are already working with developers)
The great thing about using Ecwid, we give you the seamless integration to establish your store and products on Facebook, without any of the hassle. By the end, you’ll be ready to add your products to a catalog and start selling on Facebook!
How Does Shop Page Work on Facebook?
If you’re selling online already, it makes sense to take it a step further and setup a shop page on Facebook. This is where you’ll need a catalog, let’s clear up what it is and how it works.
According to Facebook, a Facebook catalog is a container that holds information about the items you want to advertise or sell across Facebook and Instagram. You can create catalogs for different types of inventory, like products (ecommerce), hotels, flights, destinations, home listings or vehicles.
For now, we’ll stick to creating a product catalog for
How Do I Get a Product Catalog on Facebook?
As we mentioned there are a number of ways, but the easiest way is to start with an
If you are looking for a few Facebook Shop examples, who better to showcase than Ecwid merchants!
If you’re looking to learn how to add products to Facebook Catalog — guess what? With Ecwid, your products will automatically sync as you upload them in the control panel. You’ll save countless hours of manually uploading products.
Why Are My Products Not Showing up on My Facebook Shop Page?
While adding products to your shop page is relatively easy, if you’re having some trouble with inventory, check out the policies and specifications below:
- Products do not abide by Facebook’s Commerce Policies.
- Product Image Specifications
- Product Tile Specifications
- Product Description Specifications
- Product Variant Specifications
Where Is the Catalog Manager on Facebook?
Once you’ve connected Ecwid to Facebook, navigate to: facebook.com/products and you should see your imported catalog. Now that you’ve created a catalog, you’ll want to start using the shop page on your profile to generate some sales!
There are several alternative ways to access Catalog Manager:
- Go directly to Catalog Manager at facebook.com/products
- From Ads Manager, open the top menu and select Catalog Manager.
- From Business Manager, open Business Settings. Go to Data Sources and select Catalogs.
- From Commerce Manager (US only), select the Inventory tab.
How Do I Edit My Shop Page on Facebook?
If you want to edit your shop page, this can also be done in the Catalog Manager, which we covered above.
Want to add a Facebook Shop Now button? Here is how:
You can set up Shop Now
To add the Shop Now button to your Facebook Page:
- Click +Add a Button under your cover image.
- Select the button you want to use: Shop with you or make a donation → Shop Now.
- Select where you want to send your visitors: to your custom site or to the Shop section in your Facebook page.
- If you select the site, click the website link and in the popup insert the store URL.
- Click Save.
Let’s Start Selling…
We’ll save you the hassle and headache, use Ecwid to upload your product catalog to Facebook. You’ll find it to be the quickest and easiest way to start selling on Facebook.
By adding a product catalog, you not only have the opportunity to expand your reach. You now sell across multiple channels. Ready to join?